Re: cannot connect to server in a subthread

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:35:51 +0200

2008/10/14, Patrick Monnerat wrote:

> In the cofi's configure file, I solved to problem by defining _REENTRANT
> inconditionally. I think the half way between cofi and the current
> libcurl situation would be appropriate: Whatever the system is, check if
> _REENTRANT is already defined; if not, define it, even if not really
> needed.

Directly related with this...

What should the --enable-thread or disable-thread should actually be doing ?

I'm not asking what it does. I'm asking what it should be doing, and
its intended use.

Should we be using the reentrant functions depending on that setting
or should we just always use the threadsafe ones ?

And which thread libraries ?

It seems quite clear that _REENTRANT should be unconditionally defined
for Solaris when using threads. But what do we do if these are not
going to be used ? Do we make this definition depend on
--enable-threads ?

--
-=[Yang]=-