Re: curl_multi_perform slow (timeout)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:13:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Dino Puller wrote:

Your top-posting confuses me, but also you ignoring my previous suggestion on
how to fix your code makes me puzzled.

> I protected all curl_multi_xxx functions with a mutex, and it seems
> that it works better, anyway the problem still there.

What? Are you using curl_multi_ functions using the same handle from multiple
threads?! That's a big no-no.

> Curl may need 9-10 seconds to accomplish a transfer.

Even after my suggested fix?

> any suggestion? May i debug libcurl

Yes you may!

> where i should place my breakpoints?

I think you should first create a fine app to test with, then if the problem
remains post a full source code here that works against a public URL so that
we can help out to debug this.

But in general you of course need to set breakpoints and investigate those
functions where you suspect wrong-doings such as wasted time or waiting where
it shouldn't wait etc. It's hard to give very specific advice on this before
we have more specific ways to repeat and watch the problem occur.