Read Text file from the web

From: Demetris Zavorotnichenko <fgcity4652_at_cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:09:05 +0300

Hi everyone, I haven't ever used Libcurl but I kinda need it now.

I have a Text file located at http://whatever.com/mytext.txt

I need to be able to read that file and stay connected to this website.

The reason I'm doing all this is that currently do a system(); function and
use wget to download the file and read it from my application, but I need
this to be allot faster since it takes about 3 - 8 seconds to do that and
slows down my application.

Would this be faster with the use of libcurl?

Could someone please tell me how I would do this ?

Please help out here.