ICC autobuilds and rejected compiler options

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:37:26 +0200

Hi Tor,

Some fun on the icc autobuilds. Trying to fix it from here would mean
several days of autobuild runs and many test commits to CVS.

icc 9.0 and 9.1 accept the following set of basic compiler options,
but icc 10 is rejecting them probably due to a compiler warning
relative to a deprecated option or something:

"-no-ansi-alias -fp-model precise -std=gnu89 -we 140,147,165,266 -wd
279,981,1469"

Compiling a dumb program with above options with icc 10 should be
enough to find out which one is the offending option.

It is also required to perform a similar compilation test on icc 9.0
using the following two sets of options:

"-no-ansi-alias -fp-model precise -std=gnu89 -we 140,147,165,266 -wd
279,981,1469 -g"
"-no-ansi-alias -fp-model precise -std=gnu89 -we 140,147,165,266 -wd
279,981,1469 -O0"

Thanks,

--
-=[Yang]=-