Re: Issue throttling transfer speed

From: Peter Ashford <peter_at_clocktower-games.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:53:02 +1400

2008/10/7 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>

> On Mon, 6 Oct 2008, Peter Ashford wrote:
>
> Now, changing the speed from bounded to unbounded works, but when we go
>> the other way (i.e.: throttle back the connection) then the transfer hangs
>> and then after a few minutes timeout, curl_easy_perform returns the error
>> "Transferred a partial file".
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what we're doing wrong? We've used the VERBOSE
>> options and printed out the error string that gets set, but we're not
>> getting anywhere.
>>

> I'm quite sure that's because that function has not been implemented to
> allow the speed to get changed while there's transfer in progress. You
> probably need to make sure that the state machine in lib/multi.c doesn't get
> stuck.

Okay. I guess we could kill the current transfer then resume at a new
speed. What I don't understand then, is why it works changing speed from
slow to full speed?

--
I've spent my time in the C++ trenches. C isn't a terribly good language,
but when you shoot yourself in the foot it's usually a clean wound.