Re: [Patch] Disable multi API support

From: Daniel Egger <daniel_at_eggers-club.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 16:56:08 +0200

On 24.09.2008, at 20:17, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> There are a couple of other compile-time switches that change the
> behaviour
> of curl in various nonstandard ways that are also not automatically
> detected
> by the test harness. Since these are used so seldom and only in
> specialized
> applications, I don't think it's worthwhile making them be detected
> automatically. Instead, just make the test harness skip these tests by
> keyword. For example:
>
> make test TEST_Q='-a -p !multi'
>
> should skip the multi-interface using tests. There are a couple
> that don't
> have the multi keyword set yet, but those could be added by your
> patch.

Please find attached the updated patch against the CVS version which
(apart from the already known --disable-multi switch) also does the
following:

- Addition of CURL_VERSION_MULTI to check for support of the multi API
- Output of "multi" as an additional feature for curl --version
- Check in runtest.pl for the multi feature to skip tests where multi
   is needed
- ifndef guards for the test library helper functions to compile
   correctly
- addition of multi keyword and/or multi feature to testcases that
need 'em

Tested on MacOS X 10.5.5 with and without --disable-multi without any
new
failures in any of the testcases.

Servus,
       Daniel