FreeBasic & Dos

From: Jvp <jvp_at_compu-weigh.com.au>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 18:22:37 +1000

Hi all

New to the list and LibcURL.

I am investigating the use of the library with FreeBasic for Dos.
Reading the site information, I simply cant get an overall picture of what
is required to do that.
When I emailed to the person on the Dos bindings page (Doug Kaufman) the
reply indicated that he is not involved with
and does not use the library.

I use Win95 Dos together with CwsDPMI on a Compact Flash Card to boot
my machines. (Industrial Weighing Machines)
The Freebasic libraries are supplemented with Allegro & CGUI.

The aim is to include a Network for reporting to Windows computers.
I have done this previously in 16bit Dos, but need to do this without
jumping back & forth to real mode (Hopefully with LibcURL)

The assumptions I have made of what would be needed is as follows.

1.Compile the Library with DJGPP
2.Create or convert a header file for FreeBasic.
3.Link the library to my code.
4.Call the routines from my code.
5.Find a packet driver (32 bit) ? NE2000 ?

Sounds simple enough, but ....
Does anybody on the group have experience with porting the Library to Dos.?

Regards from downunder.