Re: Problem with CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM and CURLOPT_APPEND

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 00:16:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Daniele Pianu wrote:

> Simple test to check the problem described at
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-08/0426.html

I spent some time tonight writing up a test case for this and all, but when I
started to really read the code and all something struck me:

The CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM in the FTP upload case (at least) is for how it deals
with the _source_ data. Like if you want to continue an upload from a certain
point you can tell libcurl to resume the transfer from that point.

That's why it only does STOR or APPE, since it has no other notion of
explictly changing the resume point within the _remote_ file.

So, uploading with CURLOPT_RESUME_FROM set to 40 means upload from byte index
40 in the source file to the remote server and resume thus means APPE.

I don't think we can manage to squeeze in your wanted REST behavior with this
same option but we'd rather need a separate option for it. Or what would you
say?