libcurl : HTTP request Header

From: Sandeep Kale <sandeep.skale_at_patni.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:38:37 +0530

Hi,

I have disabled sending "Expect: header" in the client program, just to be
in compliant with RFC.

Thanks.
------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 23:37:59 +0200 (CEST)
From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Subject: Re: libcurl : HTTP request Header
To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Sandeep Kale wrote:

> Expect: 100-continue
>
> From where should "Expect: 100-continue" be going with the request header?
> and why ?.

>From client to server. And because it allows the client to abort the
request
sooner in cases when the server responds with an error.

> Reason for asking this is, I have seen below line in RFC 2068:

HTTP 1.1 is RFC2616...

> An HTTP/1.1 (or later) server that receives a request from a HTTP/1.0 (or
> earlier) client MUST NOT transmit the 100 (continue) response; it SHOULD
> either wait for the request to be completed normally (thus avoiding an
> interrupted request) or close the connection prematurely.

libcurl is not a HTTP 1.0 client, at least not by default.

> And I am getting response with below Response header,
> < HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
> < HTTP/1.1 200 OK

So your server does respond fine.

> I am getting proper response back but it taking a more time than expected
> which cannot be compromised.

Then I'd advice you to either: A) fix your server or B) disable libcurl's
sending of the Expect: header or C) both! ;-)