Re: Fwd: When to call curl_multi_clean--Moving to curl-library

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:01:59 -0700

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 03:04:20PM +0530, Naiem Shaik wrote:
> I am using curl 7.16.2.

The version is eight releases old. We've fixed a lot of problems since then,
including memory leaks.

> The code I am mentioning is part of WebKit(ResourceHandleManager.cpp).
> So I can attach the file and send it if this mailing list allows attachments.
> Use case is simple, just opening a page like www.google.com and
> exiting the application after page fetch is complete shows there is a
> leak in curl_open and curl_connect.
> If we continue to fetch more content we see that leak increases in
> multiple of 17,120 bytes.

Please try with 7.19.0 first and see if the problem still exists. Note that
curl_open and curl_connect are not symbols provided by libcurl. It's
entirely possible the leak is not due to libcurl misbehaving.

>>> Dan