Re: design problem with CURL_SIZEOF_LONG in 7.19.0

From: Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 18:16:41 -0400

Dan Fandrich wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 03:59:24PM -0400, Mohun Biswas wrote:
>> Thanks. I'm wondering if there might be a solution to please both sides.
>> Could the stuff in curlbuild.h/curlrules.h be wrapped in ifdefs such that
>> someone in my position could override the checks by simply asserting "I
>> know the answers and here they are"? I.e. something like
>
> What about creating your own local modified copy of the curlbuild.h file
> and pointing to it with a -I flag?

Yes, that could be done, at the cost of drifting farther from a
"standard" libcurl setup. The other problem would be that since Daniel
has indicated he not only likes the current model but plans to expand
upon it, I'd have to re-generate and re-modify it for each platform with
each upgrade. But that may still be the workaround I go with. Again, I
have no shortage of workarounds now that it's clear the current model
will stick around.

Thanks,
MB