Re: design problem with CURL_SIZEOF_LONG in 7.19.0

From: Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 15:59:24 -0400

Yang Tse wrote:
> As long as the 'compilation environments' are compatible the
> configured curl/*.h will be identical. You might not have so many
> 'compilation environments' as you think, but surely there is one for
> 32-bit libcurl and another one for 64-bit libcurl.
>
> This might impose some additional work, simply bundling the configured
> headers with the built library, for the binary library distributor.
> But the library user will be more happy if he doesn't get unexpected
> sigsegv's due to not being able to properly interface the library.

Thanks. I'm wondering if there might be a solution to please both sides.
Could the stuff in curlbuild.h/curlrules.h be wrapped in ifdefs such
that someone in my position could override the checks by simply
asserting "I know the answers and here they are"? I.e. something like

#if !defined(CURL_SIZEOF_CURL_OFF_T)
#endif

and

#if !defined(CURL_SIZEOF_LONG)