RE: Problem with LDAP access through SOCKS v4/v5

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:38:36 +0200

Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:

> and I got the same error with message: LDAP local: ldap_simple_bind_s
Not available
using both SOCKS4 and SOCKS5.

I remember I had the same kind of problems months ago, without SOCKS,
and without curl :-/
They came from the server (M$ AD), and the "not available" message did
not refer to the listed API, but to the authentication: the password was
good, but the user was not authorized on the given root DN. The same
errors on a non M$ server resulted in better error messages !

I cannot be sure about that, but I suspect an
authentication/authorization problem. Perhaps try with some command like
"ldapsearch" to help determine the problem.

Also make sure the LDAP server is accessible: the error message could
well be understood as: "LDAP agent not available"...

Hope this helps,
Patrick