Re: HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 15:27:42 -0700

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 10:04:38AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> It might be possible to (ab)use the DNS cache to store this information.
> If the name is looked up again and the cache contains the host name, it
> will return the same IP and libcurl will thus get back to the same host.

The problem with this is when there is more than one server on different
ports at a single IP address. I think leaving it in conndata and adding
another httpversion field to UrlState is probably the way to go. The latter
would be set to 1.0 if any server (including 3xx forwarded ones) is a
HTTP 1.0 server.

> Sure, if the host uses IP-based load ballancing there may of course be a
> risk of a changed HTTP version anyway but I would consider that a very
> shaky arrangement that should have very little risk of appearing anywhere
> in the wild for real.

That sounds like a sensible compromise.

>>> Dan