Re: Sorry; help me

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:24:06 +0200

Hi

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 9:53 AM, bennacer hanane <infothread2006_at_yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello

You should probably try a subject like "Save as warc format" or
something instead of "hello" or "help me" which provides no
information about what you actually need help with.

> In fact I was not well understood how to get started;
>
> this my problem:
> I must add that such an option: - warc as options that already exist: - o
> this option converted html code to records(warc file).

As far as I understand it, curl does not convert the format of the
files it downloads, so if you download something.html, the -o option
to curl would save the contents without modifying them in any way. If
you know how to write code to create a .warc file, then what you
should do is use libcurl (not curl) to retrieve the file and then
write the code to save it in a .warc file.

If .warc is what I think it is, you would need to use something like
libcurl to download the HTML file, then you would have to use an HTML
parser to find the images etc. that are referenced from the HTML file
and use libcurl to download all of those. Then you would have to
write the code to package all of them up into a .warc file.

This list is not the right place to ask about the -o option for curl.
It is also not the right place to ask about how to save something in
the .warc format. If you are having trouble using libcurl to retrieve
the file from the server, this is the right place to ask.

> you say I must begin by lib / url.c: Curl_setopt () but I did not find.

Ignore this. I think Daniel misunderstood your question.

> And I need to know how you treat options and what are the function which
> manages the option - o (OUTPUT )
>
> thanks.........

I hope this helps.

--