HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:56:24 -0700

I discovered a problem while investigating the test case 1069 failure. It
seems that libcurl still insists on using HTTP 1.1 features even after
the server identifies itself as being HTTP 1.0 only. Test cases 1071
through 1074 test various implications of that. For example, libcurl
should not attempt chunked transfers to a HTTP 1.0 server.

On a separate note, I've noticed that if a HTTP 1.1 server responds to an
Expect: 100-continue request with an error code, libcurl closes the
connection, preventing reuse in further requests. I can't think of any
reason it would need to do this.

>>> Dan