Re: Compiling and linking a libcurl app in UEFI

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:25:26 -0700

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:33:03AM -0400, Sourjo Basu wrote:
> I recently completed a stripped down port of libcurl so that it can be used in
> a UEFI environment for ftp and proxy. This meant using some #undefs and setting
> some #defines to 0 as well as some code commenting. Also I had to include
> headers from the efi toolkit (libc, berkely libsocket libraries etc) instead of
> the windows headers libcurl automatically tried to default to.

Sounds like fun! I didn't realize there were POSIX libraries available for
EFI, especially rich enough to support curl. What kind of changes did you
need? I'm assuming this was on Windows. Did you try running configure under
CygWin as a cross-compile and see what it came up with as far as config.h
goes?

> After I built the libcurl.lib (my version was about 1 MB in size), I created a
> ftp proxy application and tried to compile and link it against my modified
> libcurl library (as well as the other efi toolkit libraries). I did not get a
> libcurl.dll however, just a libcurl.lib. I am using custom makefiles that I
> have created from a previous UEFI library template. I keep getting the
> following link errors however:

This isn't a regular Windows target, so the build procedure might be a
bit different. Did you build the library with BUILDING_LIBCURL set?

>>> Dan