Re: crash freeing memory in Curl_llist_destroy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 23:02:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Stephen Powers wrote:

> BTW, we are using the CRYPTO_set_id_callback and CRYPTO_set_locking_callback
> APIs here and this looks to be consistent with other examples that I see.
> we have seen 2 crashes in this area and the test runs were not using SSL.

Then it certainly doesn't sound like that is the reason.

> are there any other cases where Curl_disconnect segfaults when freeing
> memory?

Not that I know of. You could of course get the latest daily snapshot and see
if the bug has been fixed or change since 7.18.2, but I don't recognize the
description.

If not, good old debugging is what it takes so try to write up a stand-alone
example code that repeats the problem so that we can help you out easier to
track it down! If not, at least try to figure out the pattern for when the
crash happens.