RE: known memory leak in simple easy calls in version 17?

From: Max L. Eidswick <max_at_eidswick.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:18:51 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: curl-library-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:curl-library-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Dan Fandrich
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:35 PM
To: curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se
Subject: Re: known memory leak in simple easy calls in version 17?

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 12:43:45PM -0600, Max L. Eidswick wrote:
> This is a simple libcurl, non OpenSSL or HTTPS/FTPS test -- it is just a part of our standard release testing where we thought
> there was a memory leak in our code. After stripping out almost everything except a nominal libcurl test case (in earlier email
> example), it was discovered that the memory leak stopped when the easy perform call was commented out.
>
> The call to global init has been done in all three ways just for testing purposes. The test base is with the call in the main
> (thread 0) process init and on exit.
>
> > There's more than that involved in thread safe use of libcurl.
>
> Am I missing anything else? All of these tests are static, no dll's.

It's possible that there is a Windows-specific memory leak. Nobody is
running an autobuild on Windows right now, so it's possible that something
slipped through. If you can manage to get the test suite going with a
curl that you built, it might show something.

>>> Dan

--
> Nobody is
running an autobuild on Windows right now
what it 'autobuild'?  I am recompiling and creating the lib according to a static msdev win32 build from 18.2 (and 17.1 before
that).