RE: libcurl and async I/O

From: Andrew Barnert <abarnert_at_adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:24:54 -0700

I haven't looked over the details yet at all, but I've just been told that the new (1.36) version of boost.asio added a "reactor mode" (ready-notification API, like poll) and that a single engine can do both modes at the same time, as efficiently as possible on a given platform.

If true, my original problem is solved; I can hook libcurl up to the boost.asio reactor API and I'm done.

Still, I think the idea of making curl async-able is worth thinking about.