all dead mirrors are booted

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:15:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hey!

A long while ago I modified the rsync server that all the curl web and
download mirrors use to sync their servers against. I have since mailed all
the mirror admins about the updated procedure they need to use to sync against
the master server.

A large amount of mirrors have still not adapted to this, weeks after my mail
informing them about this.

Since they seem to not read my emails or just not care about them, this is my
attempt to publicly mention that I will cut them out from all lists and
references used by us. In fact, I'm reconsidering the whole system with
mirrors etc since making sure they are all intact and up-to-date is a boring
job and many of these admins don't seem to care much for the quality of their
data. That makes the mirrors more harmful than helpful at times and then I'm
not sure it's worth the effort from my side.