Re: Autobuild Red Hat 7.2 Linux 2.4 i686 lcc 4.2 glibc 2.2.5

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:53:14 -0700

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 03:29:40PM +0200, Yang Tse wrote:
> Autobuild Red Hat 7.2 Linux 2.4 i686 lcc 4.2 glibc 2.2.5
>
> Of all the non-NetWare autobuilds this is the only one which is not
> detecting a 64-bit data type for curl_off_t. It will use a 32-bit
> long.
>
> Should this be kept as is, or should __quad_t, or other data type,
> also be tested as a valid 64-bit data type for curl_off_t ?
>
> If the answer is yes, which would be the appropriate formatting string
> directive for curl_off_t ?

I've discovered the simple answer to this: lcc doesn't support a 64-bit
integer type on 32 bit architectures. It supports long long, but that's
32 bits as well. The __quad_t hack I have in the autobuilds is just to get
around some problems in the glibc headers and evidently isn't actually
used.

>>> Dan