Re: Most efficient way?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 23:36:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:

>> On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Ben Combee <ben.combee_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just remove and then re-add the easy handle to the multi-handle to get
>>> libcurl to process it again.
>
> Just wondering, what happens to the open connection when you do this - does
> it stay with the multi or the easy?
>
> Or maybe it doesn't matter, as long as you immediately re-add the easy, the
> multi will give it back its old connection anyway?

In recent libcurl versions, the connections are cached in the multi handle, so
any new easy handle that re-uses a connection that was previously used within
the same multi handle will be re-used and no new connect is needed.

A number of versions ago (I can't remember exactly when and I really have no
energy to look it up), libcurl had the cached connections on a per-easy handle
basis only.

> (Maybe CURLOPT_VERBOSE can tell you.)

Quite certainly it does show the re-use status.