Most efficient way?

From: Patrick <mccpat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 20:24:30 -0400

I need to connect to an FTP server and run some commands. I'll
eventually perform a transfer, but I need to wait for the result of
each individual FTP command and transfer only if they were successful.
Is this best and most efficient way to do this to setup an initial
easy handle, then set CURLOPT_QUOTE with the command, perform() it,
check result, set CURLOPT_QUOTE with the next command, etc? I'm
assuming that since I'm not closing the connection, this is relatively
efficient.