Re: Unable to verify the identity reg

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:16:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Aravinda babu wrote:

> I am new to libcurl.

Consider using the more appropriate curl-library list for libcurl stuff. This
reply is now CC'ed over there.

> I need to acheive the below functionality. What curl APIs i have use or
> callbacks ?
>
> My main intention is if i opened a https enabled website in mozilla it will
> ask the below options when is is unable to verify the remote identity like
>
> Unable to verify the identity of xxx.com as a trusted site.
>
> -------- Accept this certificate permanently
>
> ------- Accept this certificate temporarily for this session
>
> ------- Do not accept this certificate and do not connect to this Web site

I'm not sure exactly what you need in order to accomplish these features, so I
can't tell for sure.

I have a work in progress that provides a brand new "certinfo" extraction for
libcurl (that currently only works for OpenSSL-powered libcurls) that will
make it easy to extract certificate and info about certificates, but I don't
think it'll offer all this you want.

I'll update the certinfo patch and post it to the libcurl list soonish so that
people can get a chance to play with it. I expect to get it merged into CVS
after the 7.19.0 release.