Re: Curl library problem - symbols not found

From: Patrick Galbraith <patg_at_patg.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 10:39:07 -0400

Patrick Monnerat wrote:

> Patrick Galbraith wrote:
>

>> If anyone on this list would, could, be interested in trying these out
>>
> and seeing if I"m missing something (particularly with compile, autoconf
> issues), I could gladly send the source.
>
> If compilation is straightforward and has not too many dependencies,
> send a tarball: I can try and look on Fedora 8
>
> Patrick

Patrick,

Thank you - the only dependency is MySQL version 5.0 and greater and
libcurl, as well as fairly up to date auto tools.

To get this to compile:

sh config/bootstrap
./configure --with-mysql --libdir=<lib to mysql directory>

(--libdir is usually where the other mysql libraries are, on 5.1 it's
<mysql library dir>/plugin. --with-mysql usually works without a path if
mysql_config is in your path, otherwise it's in the same directory as
mysql client programs so you would specify
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config)

then:

make
make install

and within mysql:

CREATE FUNCTION http_get RETURNS STRING SONAME "curl_functions_mysql.so";

I haven't tested this function yet because I can't yet load it, but if
it works, you would

select http_get('cool.haxx.se');

Thanks much!

--
Satyam Eva Jayate - Truth Alone Triumphs
Mundaka Upanishad