libcurl encryption dependencies

From: Sebastian Good <sebastian_at_palladiumconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 13:42:56 -0500

Hello all. I am trying to determine, for US Export Control purposes,
whether it is possible to build a version of libcurl which does not
contain any code implementing encryption algorithms. I know we can
compile (and even download pre-compiled) binaries which do not have
SSL support. However I am less familiar with what libcurl-supplied
encryption may exist in the many authentication options supported,
e.g. NTLM, Kerberos etc. If I had to guess, libcurl would link to
system-supplied libraries and did not actually implement these
protocols themselves, but I'd like to hear that from the developers.
We'd really love to use libcurl while still obeying (the very stupid)
US Export compliance laws.

Many thanks,
Sebastian Good