Re: Solaris 10 autobuild and aclocal memory exhausted

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:28:15 +0200

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Should I understand that there is more than one autoconf version available ?
> Remember that autom4te 'belongs' to autoconf.
> Could you search the system for more than one 'autom4te' file ?

No, there's only the single autom4te file (from autoconf).

What I meant was that on Solaris/blastwave there's only a single
option for which _automake_ (and also autoconf) to use:

$ pkg-get -c |grep automake
       automake 1.10.1,REV=2008.02.07 SAME

while on e.g. Debian there are more:

$ apt-cache search automake | grep ^automake|grep -v doc
automake - A tool for generating GNU Standards-compliant Makefiles
automake1.4 - A tool for generating GNU Standards-compliant Makefiles
automake1.7 - A tool for generating GNU Standards-compliant Makefiles
automake1.9 - A tool for generating GNU Standards-compliant Makefiles
automake1.8 - A tool for generating GNU Standards-compliant Makefiles
(the one without a version is 1.10.1)

[...]
> WHat happens if you comment out with 'dnl' near line #140 the
> CURL_CONFIGURE_REENTRANT macro invocation in file configure.ac from
> current CVS ? Does buildconf succeed ?

No, it still fails the same way.

-Tor