Re: Solaris 10 autobuild and recvfrom() sixth argument data type

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:37:36 +0200

2008/7/21, Joe Nardone wrote:

> > The manpage on Solaris says:
> >
> > ssize_t recvfrom(int s, void *buf, size_t len, int flags,
> > struct sockaddr *from, int *fromlen);
>
> Note, at least on my box the man page was last updated on Nov 8 1999.
>
> My header files on Solaris 8 list the last param as a Psocklen_t,
> which is defined as either socklen_t* or void* depending on whether or
> not you use XPG 4.2.

Aha! This completely explains this issue with the sixth argument of
recvfrom for Solaris.

Detection routine currently in CVS should work equally well with XPG
4.2 defined or not.

Just for curiosity, can you find out what data type does the
implementation of the recvfrom function use internally to receive the
value pointed by the sixth argument when using the void pointer
prototype ?

Anyway, don't waste too much time on this.

I have assumed that it is an unsigned int, but in our case as Jamie
Lokier points it will make no difference if it is signed or not. What
would really make a big difference is if it would use a bigger data
type than int.

Thanks,

--
-=[Yang]=-