Re: Undefined curl symbols while loading the library

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 11:34:44 +0200

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer
<yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Scoped Ptr <scoped.ptr_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to dynamically link libcurl.so to my program and had not been
>> able to do that despite doing everything what is required.

Try curl-config --static-libs
in your Makefile to find the list of libs to link with.

(Incidentally I did and apt-get upgrade on a Debian system yesterday
and it upgraded libcurl from 7.18.1 to 7.18.2. With that upgrade
curl-config --libs changed to output just "-lcurl -Wl,-z,defs" and I
had to go and change things (a dynamic library module which uses
libcurl among other stuff) to use --static-libs. I probably slept
during class, but what prompted that change? Or is it a Debian thing?)

-Tor