Undefined curl symbols while loading the library

From: Scoped Ptr <scoped.ptr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:03:15 -0700

I am trying to dynamically link libcurl.so to my program and had not been
able to do that despite doing everything what is required.
I am using 7.18.2 version and using the -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl flag for
linking. Also my /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf file has both /usr/local/lib
and /usr/lib
in it. I am wondering what can be the possible issue? When I did ld on my
app library, it gives me all undefined references for cURL functions.
I checked and there are libcurl.so links pointing to libcurl.so.4.1.0 in
both the /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib. The application compiles successfully
but its not able to load my program which links to libcurl.

I see so many people also faced the same situation but not sure about what
all I can do to avoid it. Any suggestions?

Thanks