Re: Errors while building

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:47:31 -0700

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 04:28:19PM -0700, Scoped Ptr wrote:
> Thanks Dan.
>
> Yes I am building my application directly with the curl sources instead of
> linking to the libcurl library ! So in that case it references the curl headers
> in the source code itself.

That's definitely not recommended. I don't see how you gain anything by
doing this over linking against a static libcurl. Doing it this way forces
your app to conform to some of the deliberate weirdness that exists within
the libcurl sources. Just don't be surprised if you encounter more of this
kind of problem in the future!

>>> Dan