Re: Errors while building

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:58:09 -0700

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 01:33:18PM -0700, Scoped Ptr wrote:
> I get the following errors while building curl with my code. Any suggestions
> where am I going wrong?

What platform/compiler/clib? What curl version?

> /usr/include/stdlib.h:471: error: 'void* Curl_cmalloc(size_t)' redeclared as
> different kind of symbol
>
> <path>/unix/curl/memory.h:28: error: previous declaration of 'void* (*
> Curl_cmalloc)(size_t)'

It looks like something is including stdlib.h after memory.h or memdebug.h,
both of which have a #define malloc. All the curl sources have a comment
"This must be the last include file" before including those to make it clear
not to do otherwise.

> and more of same kinds ! I guess something is wrong with the way I have
> configured. I just used options for including SSL and nothing more.

It's possible that curl picks up some strange options from pkg-config that
could affect this, but curl builds on lots of platforms without problems.

>>> Dan