Re: Modification of curl_multi_fdset()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:20:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Alexey Simak wrote:

> We need a patch which resolve both issues:
> 1) fill somehow exc_fd_set which we pass to select;

Why? That's not an issue with libcurl. It doesn't care nor use the exc_fd_set
so setting those with fdset() will only trick the app.

> 2) get info if there is any fd in write_fd_set returned from
> curl_multi_fdset().

I'm fine with allowing arguments to be NULL to then ignore those, and then you
can do exactly as you described previously that you're doing.

But I have no intention of making it even easier to extract the particular
sockets using that API since by using curl_multi_perform() and thus
curl_multi_fdset(), the application is more or less asking for _not_ knowing
about the particular sockets. The curl_multi_socket() is the right choice for
apps that do want to know.

> If you do not like idea to fill exc_fd_set in curl_multi_fdset()
> may be we can consider some other options?

I don't, but if you can explain to me why we need it I might change my mind.