Re: Modification of curl_multi_fdset()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 00:05:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008, Alexey Simak wrote:

> We use libcurl in a project and have some issues with
> curl_multi_fdset() function:
>
> 1) curl_multi_fdset does not fill exc_fd_set.

Uhm, why would it need to do that?

> 2) we need to know if there is any fd in write_fd_set,
> returned from curl_multi_fdset.

I don't see how your patch lets you "know" this any more than it previously
did. Can you elaborate?

> I modified curl_multi_fdset() so now it fills only fd_sets which are not
> NULL. It resolves both issues and does not break previous behavior.

Couldn't you already achieve the same effect as #2 within your app by simply
passing a fd_set pointer to a dummy.

The setting of the exc_fd_set seems wrong to me. Why would all sockets need to
be set there?

For the acceptance of NULL pointers to ignore, can you please provide an
update to the man page as well so that this gets documented properly?