Re: 64/32/16bit curl_off_t for DJGPP and WATCOMC

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:10:31 +0200

"Yang Tse" <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> This user guide
> http://www.openwatcom.org/ftp/archive/11.0c/docs/cuserguide.pdf on
> page 104 uses "%Ld" to format printing of the __int64 data type. Is
> this correct or should something else be used ?

That manual is quite old. I can confirm that "%I64d" works for printing
an 'unsigned __int64' type for 32-bit targets (as it's defined now in <curl/curl.h>).
For small and large models, I have no idea really. But I think building libcurl
for those models is pointless (far too much code and data to fit in a 16-bit
segment).

>> [...]
>> (which maps to 16 or 32-bit depending on model (small/large/flat))).
>
> Could you tell us what are the 16 or 32-bit size mapping of 'long'
> depending on the memory model for DJGPP and the size of "long int" for
> WATCOMC ?

What I meant was that small/large has 16-bit ints. Since I was mistaken
about 'long int' being the same as an 'int', the statement was wrong.
I.e. fseek() uses a 32-bit offset in *any* memory-model on Watcom/djgpp.

--gv