RE: Compilers used for non-configure systems/platforms

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:30:12 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> If anyone is currently using a compiler on a system not capable of
>> running the standard curl 'configure' script. and has not been
>> included in any post with subject starting with "64/32/16bit
>> curl_off_t for", raise your hand or directly post one for your
compiler.

> OS400 ...

Thanks for thinking about OS400. I confirm.
I already noted the curl_off_t problem some months ago (we even add a
mail exchange on this list about it) on OS400.
That's why, at this time, I added a "#if defined(__ILEC400_)" paragraph
in include/curl/curl.h

If someone finds a more general solution that would also fit the
(non-configure-able) OS400 case, I'm OK for it !

Note: for the OS400 C compiler types are:

Short => 16 bits
Int => 32 bits
Long => 32 bits
Long long => 64 bits.

Large file offset (64bit) support may be enabled via a compiler command
option. The way curl.h and compile scripts are coded now makes the use
of this option mandatory.

Patrick