Re: http operation using curl

From: Dario Griffo <dario.griffo.listas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 22:27:27 -0300

Avinash Vijayvergia wrote:
> I am trying to use curl for something very simple. My program should
> send an xml file to a http server and than get the response as an xml
> file and parse it. I have read curl tutorial at
> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html and have seen example
> programs which came with my linux distro. I am not able to understand
> whether I should be coding using shell commands viz system(curl -d
> @abc.xml http://www.xyz.com) or using those APIs in example programs.
> Can someone please suggest me?

If you are making a C/C++ program (wich I think you are) you have to use
the the cURL API [1] in it, also you have several tutorials in the page [2]
It's really simple and powerfull, but my first recomendation is to read
the first tutorial page to understand basic usage tips.

[1] http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/
[2] http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-tutorial.html