Re: c++ libcurl: telnet

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 16:43:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Julius Morales Reolizo wrote:

> Thanks, I got it now...

This is an excellent proof of why top-posting is bad and why we want you to
not practise that. You got what?

=> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html#top-post

> but a have a little bit of a problem... why does the libcurl in telnet do
> not show the last line in stdin...

libcurl doesn't _show_ the last line on stdin? What exactly does this mean?
Why would libcurl show the data passed on stdin in the first place?

> How can I send a command in telnet...

You pass the data you want to send on stdin and libcurl will send that to the
peer using telnet. It's bit of an awkward way to work with telnet, and I would
love to see the telnet support improved one day. But on the other hand, telnet
is not really a protocol that fits very well with the other protocols libcurl
supports (due to its interactivity and lack of authentication in the protocol
etc) so it's hard to make it go well with the general libcurl concepts IMHO.