Re: DNS lookup freezes easy handles (multi interface)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:20:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 May 2008, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

Another status update.

> I've now committed the three related fixes that let me run my test app fine.
> I'll now proceed and enable pipelining and see what more fun I can get out
> of this! ;-)

I'm not sure I get the same problem as you (Emil Romanus) do, but I get
problems with pipelining enabled as well and I have a first hunch on what it
is and what to do about it. It's clearly similar to the previous problems I
fixed, in that when the state machine reaches a particular state (DONE) it
stops monitoring the socket and sends REMOVE to the callback. But in this case
I believe the _same_ socket is used by multiple easy handles so it shouldn't
be removed until all handles are done using it.

I'll continue investigating, hopefully tonight.