Re: Problem with build with support "enable-ares"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:12:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 May 2008, wangjun wrote:

> I have cross compile curl-7-15-1 with the support of "--enable-ares" for a
> mipsel platform

Please note that libcurl 7.15.1 (dots, not dashes) is quite outdated by now.

> and I use "c-ares-1.5.1",but when I use that curl lib to conect http ,it
> seems there is something wrong with the DNS name resolv ,the log message
> shows such as "The 6 curl error happen:Could not resolve host:
> mws2.link-play.com (Successful completion)",

So can you resolve any hostnames with the c-ares demo tools when you have them
cross-compiled?

If the demo tool fail too, then this is a c-ares problem that is better taken
on the c-ares mailing list. If the demo tools work, then I'd guess there's
something wrong in libcurl or the libcurl build and I'd advice you to first
try a modern libcurl version before proceeding down the bugtrack road.