Re: Working with curl connections as with sockets.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 00:00:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 5 May 2008, Michal Marek wrote:

> Here is a patch for that, it works almost fine except for krb[45], where the
> APIs take a non-const pointer:
>
> krb5.c:131: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
>
> What needs to be done is to check whether the various krb libraries don't
> modify the buffer and then add a cast.

Hypothetically, what is the worst that could happen if we just do the cast and
one of the krb libs *does* touch the buffer?

I can't see how the compiler can do much magic and that will go breakage just
because of that. Or is my imagination just too limited?

I just find it very unlikely that a lib would actually do this, and I don't
think tracking this info down and verifying it sounds like much fun...