Re: a bug in the curl cofigure script?: curl-7.18.1 with c-ares-1.5.1 and a debug option

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 13:52:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 May 2008, Yuriy Sosov wrote:

> configure --enable-static --enable-debug --enable-thread

The debug mode in c-ares is a "hack" that depends on and uses stuff in the
libcurl code base, so it's only useful if you have that in mind.

> Is this a bug in the curl cofigure script or I am missing something?

I think it can be seen as a limitation in its implementation, yes. But if you
really want debug mode in libcurl and c-ares, then you can just extract the
whole curl dir from CVS, run the root configure to enable c-ares (and debug)
then build c-ares and curl. Voila, everything works!

To get the c-ares debug mode more stand-alone, I think is more a c-ares issue
than a libcurl one so you should rather take that on the c-ares list instead!