c-ares built test cases 507 and 534

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:30:50 +0200

Hi,

Test cases 507 and 534 exercise the multi interface with unresolvable
host names.

When libcurl and these test cases are built with c-ares the results
reported seem to be ok due to the fact that the multi interface times
out and reports that there was a timeout resolving the host. This
timing out takes longer than 60 seconds.

I think that c-ares knows much before than that timeout that it cannot
resolve the hosts and the multi interface should be aware of it to
better handle these test cases, and not have to wait the whole
timeout.

The easy interface was also suffering this behaviour which could be
verified with test cases # 20, 187 and 237. I've fixed this with this
commit http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/lib/hostares.c.diff?r1=1.36&r2=1.37
but I'm having problems sorting it out for the multi interface.

Someone knows how or wants to fix this ?

--
-=[Yang]=-