RE: Working with curl connections as with sockets.

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:11:24 -0700

Dan Fandrich wrote:

> Or, it's good enough that people don't feel that it needs to improve!
> The telnet support works fine for me as-is to do some simple scripting
> from
> the command line. If I tried to use it from libcurl, I might have a
> different opinion.

I'll chime in a "me too" for the telnet support, from the libcurl
perspective. It was easy to add a state machine on top of the easy
interface to communicate with a specific telnet server for a particular
application.

Telnet has been rightfully pushed into a small niche of applications;
enhancing the telnet capabilities in curl/libcurl would probably be a
wasted effort.

-Gary