Re: Reusing connection after failed FTP QUOTE command

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 15:46:36 -0700

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 12:12:54AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Right, I can certainly see the point in supporting this. I think the real
> problem is that users can pass in anything in the quote commands, even
> commands that change states in ways libcurl doesn't track and thus cannot
> get out of after a failed command.

But quote commands can already do that without even returning a quote error
(e.g. -Q 'CWD foo'). If the application knows that its quote command
could have harmful effects, it can simply call curl_easy_cleanup to
force the connection closed when it sees the error code. If libcurl can
assume that will happen, then it can freely reuse the connection even
after such an error.

>>> Dan