write callback issues (was Re: A new problem)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 12:41:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Prasad J Pandit wrote:

I changed to a somewhat more descriptive subject.

> I wrote a recv_data(...) callback function, which receives the http response
> to the post request that I make. The problem is, *sometimes* this function
> gets called even *before* the actual response is sent by the server. And all
> I get is an empty string.

Can you please provide source code to an example that repeats this problem?
And what do you mean with "all I get is an empty string" ? You get a zero byte
write callback and then the transfer is completed? If so, what does
curl_easy_perform() return?

> I'm trying to figure out if curl_easy_pause() can be used, and meanwhile
> thought if you could also help?

Is that a question in there?