Re: using ftp and easy libcurl

From: Alexandru Iancu <alexandru.iancu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 23:24:04 +0300

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 2:33 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Alexandru Iancu wrote:
>
> > I would like to know if there is any switch/flag available that tells
> > libcurl to issue just a subset of FTP commands(let's say only commands
> > defined by rfc959, or rfc2228, etc)?
>
> No, but libcurl should still function fine even on servers that don't
> support
> any of the newer commands.

yes, libcurl works just fine.

> > There are CURLOPT_FTP_USE_EPSV and CURLOPT_FTP_USE_EPRT but it's not
> enough.
> > I'm testing a rfc959 ftp server(www.myserverproject.net) with
> curl-loader
> > and tests are failing because of commands not implemented.
>
> The server should simply return failure on commands it doesn't understand.
> Doesn't it?

Yes, the server responds as it should with a 5xx failure reply.
Let's take for example SIZE cmd(not implemented by the server) ...
... it seems that curl-loader(this uses libcurl) decides the server behaves
inappropriate to a RETR request because of SIZE cmd reply 502 issued in
between :( .

I searched a bit curl mailing list and I found this link:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2006-08/0032.html

Is is possible to disable SIZE cmd?

Regards,
Alexandru IANCU.