Re: Expect:

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:36:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Ramprakash Jelari thinakaran wrote:

What libcurl version on what platform?

> A quick question: "Expect: 100-continue" property is attached in the
> header, and did HTTP post.

It's a request-header that libcurl adds by default to POST requests (bigger
than a certain size).

> But what i have noticed is the readcallback starts getting calledr, before i
> get the response from the server [ 200 OK] , for which we use "Expect"
> attribute in the header?..

libcurl has a (rather short) time-out for the 100 Continue response and will
continue then. But also, in practise servers don't really take advantage of
the Expect: 100-continue header but mostly they just send a 200 OK
unconditionally.

> I have confirmed it in VERBOSE mode?..
>
> Pretty confused, is it the correct working senario?.. or am i missing
> something in understanding?.

What exactly is the problem then?