About receiving data

From: Prasad J Pandit <prasad.pandit_at_comat.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:28:01 +0530 (IST)

   Hello all,

I'm trying to use libcurl-7.18.1 in my MSVC application to send and
receive some data. My first question is

  1. How do I receive data? (considering, I'm not the one who opens the
     connection and have access to the socket)

And secondly while sending data, my POST request url changes only by the
resource name on the server, ie. my host remains same, as:

   + http://myhost.com/file1
   + http://myhost.com/file2

Now can I, somehow, set a global host like CURLOPT_PORT and then everytime
I do post I set the CURLOPT_URL to that resource name as "/file1/" or
"/file2/" and expect libcurl to make it as: http://myhost.com/file1/ or
http://myhost.com/file2/.

Will this work as I expect? Could you please help with this??

Also, does libcurl opens new connection for every HTTP Get or Post I do,
or how does it work?

Thank you!

--
Regards